We shall provide the following services under this category:
TRANSFER DEEDS VERIFICATION
– Physical shareholders intending to dispose off their Shares are required to get their signatures verified on transfer deeds.
– In every written instruction by the shareholder or transfer deed for verification, the signature of the shareholder should agree with his recorded specimen signature. Signature variations shall be dealt accordingly as per established processes.
– FAMCO shall keep computerized records of verified share transfer deeds. The records may also be flagged for “caution” or “lost” cases.
MAINTENANCE OF SPECIMEN SIGNATURE BANK
– FAMCO shall maintain a computerized signature bank of CLIENT physical shareholders. We would update the data bank of specimen signatures in a methodical manner so as to facilitate speedy retrieval.
– When transfers are lodged for a formal registration we undertake a complete check of all particulars before proceeding further, to ensure that all matters incidental to the transfer have been taken care of.
– Transfer Register with compliance checklist is forwarded to the CLIENT periodically (preferably on weekly basis) along with the endorsed Certificates for Board’s approval and authorized signature by the signatories.
SHAREHOLDERS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
– We provide digital channel for shareholders communication. Our “Shareholders Management System” takes care of Incoming mail, generates standard replies, assists inquiries, provides information on date of dispatch of reply and outstanding requests. Prompt clearance of shareholders’ requests is regularly monitored.
– Quite frequently inquiries are received from shareholders; we shall answer them as part of our obligation. In case of a complex issue we shall seek CLIENT’s consent before sending the reply. Sometimes matter has also to be referred to CLIENT’s legal advisors for advice.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS INSTRUCTIONS ETC.
– We shall process instructions and other changes requested by the physical shareholders on an ongoing basis and maintain updated members records.
– Shareholders shall be thoroughly advised about formalities for issue of duplicate share certificates. Necessary processing and notification to Stock Exchange for lost certificates shall be carried out.
– Indemnity bond/documents shall be obtained from the shareholders claiming loss of Certificates before issuing duplicates thereof.
– Members’ request for splitting of share certificates shall be processed, and new certificates shall be prepared and submitted to CLIENT for approval, signing and sealing, alongwith a Splitting Summary on a regular basis.
– Members’ request for consolidation shall be processed, and new certificates shall be prepared and submitted to CLIENT for approval, signing and sealing, alongwith a Consolidation Summary on a regular basis.
POWER OF ATTORNEYS
– Power of Attorneys submitted by shareholders shall be examined by us and changes therein shall be recorded by us. We shall update our power of attorney records with subsequent changes.
ZAKAT EXEMPTION AFFIDAVITS
– Zakat Exemption Affidavit submitted by the physical shareholders would be reviewed by us and necessary records shall be maintained accordingly.
– FAMCO shall carry out deduction of withholding tax from dividends under Income Tax Ordinance 2001. We shall also record apportionment of joint-shareholding and appropriately use it at the time of disbursement of dividends.
– We shall provide with-holding tax file in a timely manner, as required by the Income Tax Authorities to enable CLIENT to make a timely filing.
– We shall also maintain database of tax exemption certificates and allow tax exemption in valid cases.
– FAMCO shall handle electronic dividend as per Section 242 and Companies (Distribution of Dividend) Regulation 2017.
DIVIDEND MANDATES (Direct deposit to bank account)
– FAMCO shall maintain an upto-date computerised record of all dividend mandates received from the physical shareholders so that dividends are correctly and timely processed and dividends disbursements to shareholders are made according to their IBAN (International Bank Account Number).
REGISTER OF MEMBERS
– Based on Board of Directors’ approval of Transfers, Register of Members shall be updated by FAMCO on our IT systems.
STATE BANK OF PAKISTAN’S (SBP) REQUIREMENTS
– FAMCO shall vet documents submitted by foreign institutional investors/individuals and check whether they comply with SBP requirements before processing dividend.
RETURNS REQUIRED BY SECP, PSX & SBP
– FAMCO shall provide copies of reports which are required to be filed with regulators
– Subsequent to book closure, end of renunciation period or at any other appropriate time FAMCO shall send properly referenced share registration documents to the CLIENT for secure storage at a place in Karachi. We may recall/retrieve any document sent for storage as old record, if the situation warrants.
GENERAL MEETINGS (AGM/EOGM) -Physical Meeting
– FAMCO shall provide soft copy of folio-order list of members of CLIENT to Company Secretary 1 day before the meeting.
FAMCO shall provide 2 trained staff to assist CLIENT in conducting AGM and for signature verification at AGM at CLIENT’s cost including travel, boarding & lodging.
GENERAL MEETINGS (AGM/EOGM) -Zoom (Online) Meetings
– FAMCO has developed capability for holding virtual AGMs using Zoom Software. The meetings can be recorded and shared with CLIENT for record purposes.
ELECTION OF DIRECTORS
– FAMCO shall facilitate in holding elections of Directors. Elections can be carried out through secure FAMCO technology systems or manual voting process.