FAMCO - Shares Registration Services
FAMCO - Shares Registration Services
FAMCO Associates (Pvt.) Limited [previously Ferguson Associates (Pvt.) Ltd.] has been in the business of Share Registration since 1988 and presently has over 40 blue chip companies as share registration clients, comprising of leading multinational and local companies.
Internal control aspects have been carefully built in all our systems and procedures. We ensure strict quality control by employing multi-level checks and involving senior management levels for important processes and operations.
FAMCO Associates also has a full-fledged corporate advisory services unit with in-house lawyer for any advice related to Companies Ordinance, Listing Regulations, other corporate laws and regulations.
Please send us a letter to our Shares Department via post/courier or hand delivery duly signed (in original) by the shareholder along with a clear copy of the CNIC in the following cases:
1. Non receipt of dividend warrant, primarily due to change in address or bank mandate
2. Change of address – in case of physical folio.
3. Change in Bank Mandate – in case of physical folio.
4. Changes in any other particulars of the shareholder – in case of physical folio.
|Shares Registration Clients|
|Abbott Laboratories (Pakistan) Ltd.||Engro Polymer & Chemicals Ltd.||Pakistan Stock Exchange Limited|
|Agriautos Industries Limited||Engro Powergen Qadirpur Limited||Pakistan Telecommunication Company Ltd.|
|Akzo Nobel Pakistan Limited||Feroze 1888 Mills Ltd.||Pakistan Tobacco Company Ltd.|
|Al-Ghazi Tractors Ltd.||First Al-Noor Modaraba||Premier Insurance Ltd.|
|ARCHOMA Pakistan Ltd. (Formerly Clariant Pakistan Ltd.)||Gillette Pakistan Ltd.||Rafhan Maize Products Company Ltd.|
|Attock Cement Pakistan Limited||Gul Ahmed Textiles Ltd.||Reckitt Benckiser Pakistan Ltd. (Unlisted)|
|Avanceon Limited||Hinopak Motors Limited||Samba Bank Ltd.|
|AuVitronics Limited||ICI Pakistan Ltd.||Sanofi Aventis Pakistan Ltd.|
|Byco Petroleum Pakistan Ltd||IGI Insurance Ltd.||Security Papers Ltd.|
|Century Insurance Co. Ltd.||IGI Life Insurance Limited||Shell Pakistan Ltd.|
|Century Paper and Board Mills Ltd.||Lotte Chemical Pakistan Ltd.||Syngenta Pakistan Ltd. (Unlisted)|
|Clover Pakistan Ltd.||Merit Packaging Ltd.||Thal Limited.|
|Colgate-Palmolive Ltd.||Next Capital Limited||The Hub Power Company Ltd.|
|Dawood Hercules Corporation Ltd.||Novartis Pharma (Pakistan) Ltd. (Unlisted)||Tri Pack Films Ltd.|
|Dawood Hercules Corporation Ltd. - Sukuk||ORIX Modaraba (formerly Standard Chartered Modaraba)|
|Dynea Pakistan Limited.||Packages Ltd.|
|Engro Corporation Ltd.||Pakistan Petroleum Ltd.|
|Engro Fertilizers Ltd.||Pakistan Refinery Ltd.|
|Engro Foods Ltd.||Pakistan Refinery Ltd. – TFC 2|
- Submit share certificate(s) with verified transfer deed along with copy of CNIC of transferee to Share Registrar for effecting transfer.
- Purchaser / transferee will fill his particulars in relevant columns of transfer deed, sign and have it witnessed.
- Transfer duty (@ 1.5% of the face value of shares) is paid by affixing share transfer stamp on the reverse of transfer deed.
- Share certificates lodged for transfer are ready for delivery / dispatch within 45 days.
- Transfer Receipt issued by the Share Registrar has to be surrendered, dully signed by the transferee, for obtaining delivery of shares from Shares Registrar.
- In case transfer is from a non-resident shareholder to another non-resident a certificate to this effect has to be submitted together with Proceeds Realization Certificate for the amount of transfer stamp duty remitted to Pakistan.
- Transferors / sellers signature on transfer deed have to be signature verified by Share Registrar to make the physical shares saleable or convertible in book entry form.
- Shareholder sends his / her filled, signed and witnessed transfer deed to the Share Registrar through post / courier or presents on service counters to obtain signature verification.
- Only transferor’s columns of transfer deed is to be filled by shareholder and transferee portion must be left blank when submitting transfer deed for signature verification.
- Transfer Deed will be verified within 48 hours and dispatched if received through post or courier.
- At service counters transfer deed is normally verified on presentation.
- Shareholder must open an account in CDS with any CDC Participant (Stock Broker) or with CDC Investors Account Services (IAS).
- CDC Participant (Stock Broker) or CDC IAS Deposit Section initiates deposit request in CDS, on behalf of shareholder, after receiving original share certificates and verified transfer deeds and signed Security Deposit Form from the account holder.
- CDC Participant (Stock Broker) or CDC IAS Deposit Section sends physical share certificate, verified transfer deed, Security Deposit Form and CDS deposit request printout (obtained after initiating deposit request in CDS) to respective Share Registrar.
- For deposit, transfer duty is to be affixed on the reverse of transfer deed in form of share transfer stamps. Transfer duty is to be affixed @ 0.1 % of the face value of shares.
- Share Registrar after verifying the documents gives approval of deposit in CDS within 5 days.
- CDC Participant (Stock Broker) or CDC IAS Deposit Section initiates withdrawal request in CDS on behalf of the shareholder after submission of Security Withdrawal Form (SWF) duty filled and signed by withdrawing shareholder.
- CDC Participant (Stock Broker) or CDC IAS Deposit Section sends SWF and CDS withdrawal request printout (obtained after initiating withdrawal request in CDS) to Share Registrar.
- Transfer duty is to be affixed on the reverse of SWF in form of share transfer stamps @ 1.5 % of the face value of shares.
- Withdrawal request lodged for conversion of shares from book entry form to physical form is approved by Share Registrar in CDS within 5 days.
- Physical share certificates are prepared and delivered / dispatched to shareholder within 45 days.
- Shareholder must immediately inform Share Registrar through a signed letter about loss / misplacement / destruction / mutilation.
- Share Registrar will let him / her know about necessary formalities (such as submission of indemnity bond, newspaper publication, copies of CNIC of applicant/guarantor/ witnessing persons and other requirements, depending on the case, which are to be fulfilled by the shareholder).Stamp duty on issue of duplicate shares has to be paid by the shareholder.
- In case of mutilation, mutilated certificates would require submission with the Share Registrar.
- Duplicate share certificates will be prepared and issued within 45 days after completion of above mentioned formalities by the shareholder.
- In case of change in personal registered details (such as name, address, bank mandate, zakat status etc.) shareholder will send duly signed letter to Share Registrar mentioning new particulars to note in records and to update his / her particulars in Members’ Register. In case of change of status to non-zakatable by Muslim shareholders notarized copy of form CZ 50 is required.
- In the event where shares are in electronic form, CDS account holders would write to his/her CDC participant (Stock Broker) or CDC Investor Account Services as the case maybe.
- Cash dividend warrants are sent to the shareholders (physical and CDS) by registered post / courier on their registered addresses or to their bankers (in case of bank mandate).
- Dividend has to be dispatched within 30 days, from AGM date in case of final dividend, and from first day of book closure in case of interim dividend.
- Physical bonus share certificates are sent to shareholders on their registered address through registered post / courier, within 30 days from the date of re-opening of the share transfer register.
- In case of electronic shares the bonus shares are credited directly into the CDC participant (Stock Broker) or Investor Account maintained at CDC.
- In case of non-receipt or loss/misplacement of dividend warrant or bonus share certificate in transit, shareholder can get duplicates by sending written and signed request to Share Registrar and completion of necessary formalities required by Share Registrar such as submission of indemnity bond, copies of CNIC of applicant/guarantor/witnessing persons and compliance of other requirements, depending on the case.
- In the event of death of a shareholder the title in the shares will pass on to his legal heirs / representatives. Legal heir must immediately give notice of death of the shareholder to the Share Registrar, supported by attested copy of death certificate and obtain latest position of shareholding from the Share Registrar for the purpose of inclusion in the succession certificate.
- Share Registrar will let him / her know about necessary formalities (such as submission of succession certificate issued by a competent court of law, original share certificates, unpaid dividend warrants (if any), copies of CNIC of legal heir(s) and other requirements).
- Shares would be transferred in the name of the legal heirs within 45 days from completion of all formalities and submission of required documentation.
- Right share certificates are normally prepared by the Share Registrar within 30 days of the last date of payment.
- Physical shareholders must send the original paid right letter to the Share Registrar for exchange with right certificates. The delivery of right certificates can either be obtained across the counter or by mailing the paid right letter and receiving delivery through post / courier at the registered address of the shareholder.
- In case of electronic shares the right shares are credited directly into the CDC participant (Stock Broker) or Investor Account maintained at CDC.
FAMCO Share Registrar, 8-F, Near Hotel Faran, Nursery, Block-6, P.E.C.H.S, Shahra-e-Faisal, Karachi.
Tel. No. (92-21) 3438 0104-5
Fax: (92-21) 3438 0106
Public dealing timings at counters: Monday to Thursday - 9:00 am to 12:30 pm and 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Friday - 9:00 am to 11:30 am and 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Shareholders may send signed requests through post / courier /or come to the counters for their shares related inquiries / transactions.
Do not forget to quote the name of security and folio / CDC account number and other relevant particular (e.g. dividend #) in all your communications.
State Life Building, No.1 A, Ground Floor,
I. I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi-74000.
Tel: +92 21 32422344, 32427406
8-F, Near Hotel Faran, Nursery, Block-6, P.E.C.H.S,
Tel: +92 21 3438 0101-5, 3438 4621-3
Fax: 3438 0106
Shareholder Complaint Officer
Mohammad Waqas - Ext. 123
E-dividend Inquiry Officer
Zeeshan Akhtar - 0300-0509547